Monday, August 25, 2008

The Sky is Falling!!! oooops, I mean burning!


Today Marcia left to go help her mother. All of her sisters and brother that live in and around Brigham City are either hunting or in Hawaii. Me, I would choose Hawaii. Took mom and dad for a drive, cut dad's hair and did the wash. Mom fixed lunch and I did the dishes. They were shingling the new porch. Dad was driving mom crazy with "what are they doing out there?" repeated 100 times. Coming back to Jerome the sky is an eerie shade of blue-gray. Just above Jerome and to the east. The air smells smoky. Just way weird!! (Later) Go to get in the car to go to Family Home Evening and the car is covered with ash. I find out at FHE that the cause of the ash is the Jarbridge fire down near the Nevada/Idaho border. It started in a wilderness area away from civilization and the officials said, "Let it burn". Now, of course, it is out of control. Duhhhhh! Did they learn nothing from the Yellowstone Fire?? Oh well, the smoke smells kinda cool.

Another classmate, Ron Post has passed away at the age of 68. Of the 88 graduating class members of the Class of 57, 25 have passed away. That's nearly 1/3 of the class in 50 years. Don't know what other classes average but I think this is not a good trend. Okay, yes, I realize we all have a limited time here. Some get more time than others, but it's me not you that is in this statistic, okay?? Seems like a lot. I don't dwell on it much............then why do I always read the obituaries??

Had to call the police, again, last night. The next door neighbors are driving me mad. At 1:15 am there are around 6 people out there being loud, obnoxious and then a car with 4 more drives up. That was the straw. I called dispatch and soon 2 cruisers were there. It quieted down somewhat.

By the way, is anyone interested in some zucchini or yellow squash? We can't give it away fast enough.

1 comment:

Scherns said...

Gary - haven't you heard of the "Mormon parking lot unlocked car process"? Just bring a bunch of bags of zuchinni to church and go around and deposit a bag on the front seat of all the unlocked cars. Bingo, no more extra veggies!

Mike