Saturday, August 30, 2008

What's fair is FAIR!!

I know it's a dumb title but all that I could think of. Today started with helping the Ellis family move into our ward. We had a lot of help but it still took 2 hours. I am instituting a new rule in the Jerome 1st Ward. If you move into our ward you cannot bring more stuff than will fit into an 8 foot moving truck. The preferred method is to have professional movers move you in. Like that would ever happen! hahahaha.........hope you know I am just kidding. Of course we love to help!! I then stopped by to see the new family from Missouri that just moved into our ward. He will be the new city manager for Jerome. They are the Marchant family. When I got home I was surprised to see that Marcia was home. I miss her terribly when she's gone, so I was extremely excited to see her.

We delivered some squash to the new families.........your not official until you have accepted your first zucchini!!

We then went to Gooding to pick up mom and dad and take them and their wheel chairs to the Twin Falls County Fair. Dad keeps wanting to walk, so our rule is ... if you walk you have to push the wheel chair. He gets very tired and soon says "I don't think I can do this anymore." We then put him in the wheel chair and he rides until he forgets why he is riding and wants to walk. Repeat.

I think they both had a good time. We toured all the building exhibits and saw the longhorn cattle and chickens. We had a dish of ice cream and the Buhl Methodists booth and when it looked like mom and dad were worn out we left. Actually, the ones worn out were Marcia and Gary. It was fun and as we left the storm clouds were gathering from the south. We got just a couple of drops but then it all dried up.

No comments: